This is our current work and pieces of our thoughts. We live in Tulsa, Oklahoma but are well travelled and will go anywhere you want to take us. Our new blog will be ready in just a few weeks! We'll leave this one up for a bit with a link to it since nothing can transfer over - boo hoo! If there's a favorite post in here you want us to repost in the new blog, drop me a line or ring me and I'll move it over when the time is here.

Monday, July 20, 2009

Mindi + Shane SAIL AWAY!










When Mindi and Shane raised the possibility of an engagement session in their sailboat I thought it would be such fun. It was! We went to Lake Thunderbird near Norman and shoved off around sunset. These two spend a lot of their time together sailing and have plotted their course by the stars many a night. They have a few Oklahoma weather stories under their belts too! It was my first time sailing -- but I do like adventure and, while it was a lot more work than I ever thought it was, it sure was nice. A quiet, calmness to it that I could get used to (if I can find a Captain to hoist the sail and steer and lift the centerboard and tie the bow line and all that stuff). I did learn an important lesson on this sailing trip - if there is no wind, you have to row. Ummm. I love the way these two have a quiet connection between them. The looks, the smiles, a little touch between them - a quiet calmness that goes hand in hand with their favorite past time. They were definitely made to sail away together. Here's a few images from our time on the lake. I thought this sign had an interesting comment - "Solve your problems off the ramp". Thanks for the sailing lesson! I had a great time with you guys.